The Sphinx - Every hair from the front, back, anus, and buttocks are removed; thus, a hairless lower part is achieved. This is probably the most painful type of Brazilian wax. It is named after the naked breed of cat called Sphinx.
Playboy Wax - This is similar to a landing strip only that it leaves a very tiny, sharp strip in the front.
How Brazilian waxing is done
Brazilian wax is performed in the public area, so the hair removal process should be done by a professional. Typically, an expert can finish a Brazilian wax in 10 minutes or less. There are several methods of how this process can be done so you need to talk about this with an expert and decide accordingly. Even though, you can buy your own wax, do not attempt to try this at home without any experience.
1. Before having a Brazilian wax, do not shave for about 2 weeks to allow your hair to grow longer. You can ask your aesthetician about how long will it be or leave it as is as the aesthetician can cut it during the session.
2. Don't be shy because you really need to expose your private parts to get it waxed perfectly. You can wear a disposable underwear, but it depends on the circumstance and the area where waxing will be performed.
5. Before the wax cools down or hardens, a cotton strip is pressed on the wax firmly and then the hair is pulled on the opposite direction.
6. Palm is pressed on the waxed area to reduce pain. If rashes occur, the aesthetician might stop the process temporarily and use ice cubes to soothe redness.
7. The process is repeated until the whole area is covered.
8. Once done, the waxed area is moisture to soothe irritation, and the alleviate the stinging feeling.
Things to remember
• Your bikini area is the most sensitive part of your body, removing the hair in that region is very painful. If you want your skin to be soothed for a few minutes, don't hesitate to tell it.
• The wax must not be extremely hot, or it might burn your skin.
• Don't use chemical or fragrance-based lotions, it could irritate your skin.
• Do sauna, hot bath/shower for a minimum period of 48 hours.
If the session is successful, expect to have a hairless pubic region for 10 to 15 days. Your hair will grow thinner and weaker; therefore, your next session is less painful than before. Hair growth is also slower in the waxed area.